Last Updated: August 2, 2020
The owner of Cafe Coffee Day (CCD) V G Siddhartha went missing on Monday, 29th July. He had gotten off for a walk on a river bridge near Mangaluru. The CCD owner had told the driver that he will be back in some time. When he did not return after quite some time, the driver called up Siddhartha, only to find out that the phone had been switched off. The next day, V G Siddhartha’s body was found in the Nethravathi river by local fishermen.
Interesting Facts About CCD Founder V G Siddhartha
- VG Siddhartha belongs to a family that has been in the coffee plantation industry for the past 135 years.
- The CCD owner has a Masters degree in Economics from Mangalore University. His aim was to work as an investment banker in the city of Mumbai.
- In 1984, the entrepreneur launched Sivan Securities – an investment and venture capital firm – in Bangalore.
- The profits from his investment firm were reinvested in buying coffee plantations in the Chikmagalur district of Karnataka.
- In 1996, VG Siddhartha opened his first Cafe Coffee Day in Bangalore. By 2011, the CCD owner was in the top six coffee chains in terms of the number of coffee outlets.
- VG Siddhartha and his family own a coffee empire which stretches over 10,000 acres of coffee estates in the Chikamagalur district of Karnataka.
Information Source: Business Today
At Entertainment’s Saga, we offer our condolences to the friends and family members of VG Siddhartha.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and stay up to date about the latest news online.
17 thoughts on “Interesting Facts About CCD Owner VG Siddhartha”
Thank you for your article. Really thank you!
An outstanding blog with a good article.
This is a very good article. Thanks.
Thank you for providing information and good advice.
As a Newbie, I am permanently searching online for articles that can be of assistance to me. Thank you
Thanks for sharing the detail.
I have been looking everywhere for this info
You are obviously very knowledgeable. I enjoyed reading this. I truly appreciate this post.
I value the article. Thanks.
Really informative article post.
Hey, thanks for the article on the CCD founder.
These facts about CCD owner VG Siddhartha are very interesting! Glad I found this article on Google.
Coffee Day serves 1.8 billion cups of coffee annually in six countries!
So sad that the CCD founder is no more. May his soul RIP.
Comments are closed.